25-year-old professional cyclist, Jordan Cheyne, has won the third annual L’Alpe de Grand Blanc, breaking the existing race record with his time of one hour, 48 minutes and 10 seconds – 12 minutes faster than last year’s winner. A total of 205 riders took part in today’s ride, including 82-year-old co-founder of Big White Ski Resort, Cliff Serwa. Cliff rode alongside his granddaughter Kelsey Serwa, Olympic silver medalist and X-Games champion. Kelsey Serwa is a Swagman Brand Ambassador….loyal Swagman user of the Race Ready and Rincon SUP Carrier!
Race winner Jordan is a Kelowna local and member of the Jelly Belly Professional Cycling team who moved to Big White just two weeks ago.
“This was my first time competing in the L’Alpe de Grand Blanc, but I’ve probably ridden this road about 50 times for training,” Jordan, member of the Jelly Belly Professional Cycling team, said. “I know every inch – but it doesn’t make it any easier!”
52-year-old Marg Fedyna was the first female to cross the finish line, clocking in at two hours, 12 minutes and 22 seconds. Marg was also the first female finisher in last year’s L’Alpe de Grand Blanc road ride.
In true Tour de France tradition, Jordan and Marg won Polka Dot Jerseys, plaques and cash prizes; they also won the King and Queen of the Mountain competition for the fastest man and woman to complete the Black Mountain section of the course, each taking home a Swagman bike rack.
- John Wilkie is the Swagman kitted rider in the image (local superman can see through bodies, with some assistance of xray and nuclear medicine at Penticton Regional Hospital).
- Jordan Cheyne crossing the finish line
- Ladies winners (L-R) Marg Fedyna (1st), Alesha Miller (2nd), Annie Bergen (3rd)
- The top three male winners with the Loose Moose: (L-R) Brandon Jones (third place), Manny Fehlmann (second place), Jordan Cheyne (first place)
- (L – R) Cliff Serwa, Kelsey Serwa, Trevor Hanna and Graham Pierce at the start line. Graham Pierce (WineMaker at Black Hills Estate Winery), where Swagman assisted in their Black Hills Estate Ride weekend!
- Kelsey and Cliff Serwa crossing the finish line